Mission Statement and Beliefs
The mission of Woodland Heights Elementary School, in active partnership with the community, is to provide each student with the highest quality education, which is conducive to social, physical, and intellectual growth, by providing meaningful educational experiences, a challenging curriculum, and a safe environment.
- Student learning is our first priority.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided a variety of instructional strategies to promote learning.
- A creative teaching approach such as arts infusion, technology enhanced lessons, and interactive, engaging lessons provide optimal learning.
- Each student is valued with their unique differences and needs.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual self-respect among and between students and faculty/staff.
- A commitment to continuous school improvement is necessary for student success.
- Parents play an important part in student achievement.
- Community involvement and partnerships are key in our school's success.
District Mission Statement
Spartanburg School District Six, where children are always first, ensures the highest quality education for all children by providing a highly qualified staff, a challenging curriculum, first class facilities, and a safe and nurturing environment.
Arts Mission Statement
The mission of Woodland Heights Elementary School is to immerse students in the arts as an integral part of a quality education.
Arts Education Beliefs
Woodland Heights Elementary School believes…
- The arts enhance learning by making connections between the arts and other disciplines.
- The arts naturally provide every student with fun and engaging experiences to become life-long learners.
- The arts develop higher order thinking and problem solving skills.
- The arts provide multiple opportunities for self-expression and communication.
- The arts explore diversity and encourage acceptance of self and others.
- The arts are essential to provide students with a comprehensive educational program.
- Arts integration/infusion is a successful tool for improving achievement in all disciplines.
- The design thinking processes provide an avenue to promote student achievement in the arts and academics.